Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm helping, Mommy!




It all began this morning about 8:00 a.m. I was in my office checking my e-mail as I normally do and Gaby woke up to tell me "Happy Birthday." I let her know it was not my birthday anymore, but she insisted it was and left the room. Then, it was quiet. When Gaby is quiet, we should be concerned. So I call, "Gaby, where are you?" and find her in the kitchen, bend over the freezer box below, using her fingernails to scrape chocolate off the leftover ice cream cake. Chocolate on her face, on the wall, on her clothes, all over the freezer. Her response, "chocolate good!" Later on in the day, I took my two cherubs to school to prepare for next week. Before leaving, I asked Gaby to clean up while I put Natalia in her chair. That split second with my back to her was too much time to have my eye off of her. She pulls a chair to my shelf, grabs my stamp pad and stamps, and proceeds to stamp her face. Her response, " Gaby stamp her nose right there." But it is not over. Poor Natalia has been suffering from a rash. It appears she has the diarrhea Gaby suffered from last week. She has watched us cover Natalia's little behind in cream so, as captured in the pics I took, Gaby took it upon herself to help out her baby sister. I heard them hysterically laughing in the bedroom. Rob thought I was watching them and I thought he was watching them. Well, none of us were during those few minutes while Gaby proceeded to cover Natalia in butt paste. Gaby, of course, was only helping.

No comments: